Monday, February 8, 2010

We Have Grass!


After 2 backbreaking days of hard labor, our backyard finally has grass (no, you can't hide your weed in there!!)! Thursday 2/4 night at 8:30 our sod arrived from the Phoenix valley. We were supposed to get it the week before, but we'd had so much rain that it was too wet to harvest---so we had to wait a week. Craig took off work Friday and Natalie volunteered to skip school so those 2 and Kelli worked on putting the sod down until it was too dark to see anymore. On Saturday, Craig and Kelli finished up the job as all 3 kids had "prior comittments" and couldn't help. It's being watered 3 times a day for a total of 45 minutes and it had BETTER stay GREEN since it is winter grass overplanted on summer grass! WE ARE EXCITED!! The dogs love it too!






2 comments:

Heather K said...

It look AMAZING!!! I'm so excited for you guys and Vanessa! It is crazy that I take grass for granted now. Lots of work for you guys that stuff is heavy! I called Vanny and told her to look at your blog tonight and she was excited! We can't wait to see you all soon!

Natalie said...

Ya! It better look amazing!!!!! Vanessa you owe me big! I better be your maid of honor for this! Oh and all of you are in for it when I get married! I had to help with all of your weddings and I cannot wait until it is my turn. All of you are going to have to build a fountain in the middle of our yard and a gazebo. And you, vanessa, my friend are ganna do the grunt work cuz your's wins for the hardest work. MWAHAHAHA!